A ready to use, easy to customize, fully equipped GatsbyJS blog starter with 'like app' layout and views transitions.
- Easy editable content in Markdown files (posts, pages and parts)
- Easily restyled through theme object
- Styling with JSS
- Comments (Facebook)
- Post categories
- Post list filtering
- Full text searching (Algolia)
- Contact form (Netlify form handling)
- Material UI (@next)
- RSS feed
- Full screen mode
- User adjustable articles’ body copy font size
- Social sharing (Twitter, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn)
- PWA (manifest.json, offline support, favicons)
- Google Analytics
- Favicons generator (node script)
- Components lazy loading with AsyncComponent (social sharing, info box)
- ESLint (google config)
- Prettier code styling
- Custom webpack CommonsChunkPlugin settings
- Webpack BundleAnalyzerPlugin
If you do not have Gatsby Cli installed yet, do it first.
npm install --global gatsby-cli
More information on GatsbyJS.org
Install the starter using Gatsby Cli
gatsby new command.
gatsby new [NEW_SITE_DIRECTORY_FOR_YOUR_BLOG] https://github.com/greglobinski/gatsby-starter-personal-blog.git
Go into the newly created directory and run
to hot-serve your website on http://localhost:8000 or
to create static site ready to host (/public).
The starter uses external services for some functions: comments, searching, analytics. To use them you have to secure some access data. All services are free to use or have generous free tiers big enough for a personal blog.
.env file like below in the root folder. Change
... placeholders with real data.
GOOGLE_ANALYTICS_ID=... ALGOLIA_APP_ID=... ALGOLIA_SEARCH_ONLY_API_KEY=... ALGOLIA_ADMIN_API_KEY=... ALGOLIA_INDEX_NAME=... FB_APP_ID=...